Do you want to challenge your team’s athletic prowess? Here’s your chance. The Tri-Sport Tournament will consist of teams competing in various sports for the honor to be crowned champions! The tournament is flexible to allow teams to choose which three sport they want out of the following four: Soccer, Volleyball, Flag Football, Ultimate Frisbee. Simply sign up and we’ll be in touch with the sports you might want to play.
If you have a team and want to join then email Phil at: moc/eugaelstropsza//lihp
We love to have free agents join us in the Tri-Sport tournaments. This is a great way for you or your small group of friends to expand your sport playing family. Simply send us a request through the free agent website about your desire to play in the Tri-Sport tournament and we’ll be in touch.
- Park: Kiwanis Park in Tempe
- Date: Feb 28th or possibly Mar 1st
- Time: 8:30am till 3:00pm
- Tournament varies from having a team size of four or six players, you can and should have a roster around eight or ten players, but the actual sports will be designed to have four or six players at one time.
- Teams will be placed into groups of four.
- Each team will play one another in their group at each sport and the team with the highest number of points will advance to a single elimination round.
- Two teams in a group will play each other in all three sports with the winner of the “set” of games getting three points. If the teams tie in the set they each get one point.
- Then the teams will play another team in their group in all three sports.
- Each sport will last roughly 25 minutes with a rest period between games before moving onto the next sport.
- Mystery sport will be played to determine the winner and in event of ties for the single elimination rounds.
PLEASE NOTE: You’ll be playing three games against each of the teams in your group, then you’ll play the three games against another team in your group, one that is done you play the final team in your group. Basically you’ll be playing three different sports a minimum of three times, nine total games. Even though the games are 25 minutes in length you’ll be exhausted. You only need four or six players per game but we strongly suggest having subs so everyone can take breaks.
One of the first teams
What Sports Do We Play?
People might think we pull the sports we offer in the Tri-Sport touney out of a hat, we sort of do. At times I’m not sure why we picked some of the sports. In general though we usually play soccer, flag football, or volleyball. We do offer variations based on what the teams want. We can do dodgeball or ultimate frisbee. Might do a fun relay race. We’re open to any sport as long as we can play it with either four or six players.
Body Armor – Super Drink:
We’ve done the Tri-Sport a few times, we have the format pretty well worked out, yet we do tweak it at times. Either our of boredom or because we find a better way. The rules and format shown on this page and talked about in all the bars across this country are a general guideline. If there is a better way to run the tourney we’re open to changing it.